Monday 13 January 2014

Lists: Murakami Haruki

This is a personal challenge I’ve decided to take on long ago, but I see that lots of people are doing it here. Incidentally, I also copied the list from that blog.

I’m able to read books in several languages (not Japanese, though; not yet), so if there’s a book published in a language other than English that has not appeared in English translation, I’ll add it to the list. As far as I know, this is not the case for now, so I’m using the English list, but will possibly read some books in other translations. They’ll be marked accordingly, because I’m anal retentive like that.

Start: 2001 (when I first read Kaze no uta wo kike)
Last updated: 13.01.2014
End:  possibly n/a

Novels/Novellas

  • Hear the Wind Sing (風の歌を聴け Kaze no uta o kike)
  • Pinball, 1973 (1973年のピンボール 1973-nen no pinbōru)
  • A Wild Sheep Chase (羊をめぐる冒険 Hitsuji o meguru bōken)
  • Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World (世界の終りとハードボイルド・ワンダーランド Sekai no owari to hādoboirudo wandārando)
  • Norwegian Wood (ノルウェイの森 Noruwei no mori)
  • Dance Dance Dance (ダンス・ダンス・ダンス Dansu dansu dansu)
  • South of the Border, West of the Sun (国境の南、太陽の西 Kokkyō no minami, taiyō no nishi)
  • The Wind-up Bird Chronicle (ねじまき鳥クロニクル Nejimaki-dori kuronikuru)
  • Sputnik Sweetheart (スプートニクの恋人 Supūtoniku no koibito)
  • Kafka on the Shore (海辺のカフカ Umibe no Kafuka)
  • After Dark (アフターダーク Afutā Dāku)
  • 1Q84 (1Q84 Ichi-kyū-hachi-yon)

Short story collections

  • after the quake
  • The Elephant Vanishes
  • Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman

Non-fiction

  • Underground (アンダーグラウンド Andāguraundo)
  • What I Talk About When I Talk About Running (走ることについて語るときに僕の語ること Hashiru koto ni tsuite kataru toki ni boku no kataru koto)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all comments, but please rest assured that I don't censor them. The only reason your comment might go unpublished is if you're behaving like a troll.