Sunday 12 January 2014

Challenges 2014: Books in Translation



From the challenge page: 

The goal is obviously to read translations of books, from any language into the language(s) you're comfortable reading in; they don't have to be in English.
You can read any genre and any age range.
I'm aiming for the fourth level, Linguist, that is: 10-12 books. Although I'm a translator by trade and certainly respect the profession, I usually shun translated books for whatever reason, especially if the originals happen to be in languages I've the fortune of understanding. So this challenge will be a true challenge for me.


2 comments:

  1. I was really trying not to join any more challenges, but I'm seriously considering this one... I'm such a challenge junkie! Good luck on all of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you too! I joined so many totally against my better judgment. We'll see how it goes. ;-)

      Delete

I moderate all comments, but please rest assured that I don't censor them. The only reason your comment might go unpublished is if you're behaving like a troll.