Tuesday 14 January 2014

Challenges 2014: Vintage Mystery Bingo (Silver and Golden)

Oh dear. Obviously I am insane to be joining so many challenges this year, and I am bound to fail at least one of them if I plan to do anything other than reading and maintaining homeostasis, but I just couldn't pass this one up. Never mind the fact that this is technically a double challenge, so I'm twice likely to fail this one. Too good!

(hosted by My Reader's Block)

From the challenge's page:
All books must be from the mystery category (crime fiction, detective fiction, espionage, etc.). The mystery/crime must be the primary feature of the book--ghost stories, paranormal, romance, humor, etc are all welcome as ingredients, but must not be the primary category under which these books would be labeled at the library or bookstore.
Challengers may play either the Silver Age or Golden Age Card—or both. For the purposes of this challenge, the Golden Age Vintage Mysteries must have been first published before 1960. [..] Silver Age Vintage Mysteries may be first published any time from 1960 to 1989 (inclusive). [..] 
I decided to try to complete at least one line from each card. I have a lot of mysteries around the house, so even at a cursory glance finding suitable books shouldn't be a problem, but you never know.



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Vintage Bingo Challenge! Can't wait to see what you read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Probably quite a lot of Simenon and Christie. ;-)

      Delete

I moderate all comments, but please rest assured that I don't censor them. The only reason your comment might go unpublished is if you're behaving like a troll.