Sunday 12 January 2014

Challenges 2014: Jumble Your Genres



From the challenge page:

For this challenge, the goal is to mix up the genres/categories we read. We have all had those times when we have gotten stuck in the genre/category we are currently reading and read nothing else for a while. The goal here is to mix that up! Each month we will feature a different genre/category and the goal is to read and review one book or more in that genre/category during that month.

Lately I tend to stick to my comfort zone whilst reading, so I hope this challenge will kick me out of my urban fantasy/ mystery/ classic/ memoir/ ad infinitum rut. This should be fun. I have no idea what High Fantasy or New Adult even mean. To the search engine!

List of genres (and possible reads):

January: Young Adult (the Book Thief)
February: Contemporary 
March: Urban Fantasy (Mercy Thompson or Peter Grant)
April: Middle Grade (Anne Frank, Matilda, Anne of Green Gables, to Kill a Mockingbird)
May: Dystopian (1984)
June: High Fantasy (George R.R. Martin or J. R.R. Tolkien)
July: Adult (probably a classic)
August: Paranormal (Mortal Instruments or Sookie Stackhouse)
September: Romance 
October: Sci-fi
November: Historical
December: New Adult

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all comments, but please rest assured that I don't censor them. The only reason your comment might go unpublished is if you're behaving like a troll.